Do we really need an Internet-connected toilet?
About This Episode
What would a world in which everything was connected to the internet look like? Danial and Shubham take some time to explore the “Internet of Things” (IoT). Danial contemplates a connected toilet, while Shubham imagines a fridge that automatically replenishes itself.
0:00 - Intro
0:56 - Catch-up
10:40 - News: IoT & Virtual Reality @ CES
19:27 - Deep dive into IoT
30:53 - Drones
39:25 - Byte of the Week: 1Password
48:47 - Wrap-up
To make your New Year’s resolution of dressing better a reality, we’ve partnered with SimpleAs Co! SimpleAs Co is a Canadian mens’ accessory line that takes the stress out of looking good. Use Promo Code “BYTEOFF10" and get 10% off your entire order! Start the year off right with fashionable accessories to compliment any style from SimpleAs Co! Offer valid until January 31, 2016.
- The companies that rule mobile are taking over the smart home, too - The Verge
- Amazon was huge at CES 2016, and they weren’t even there - GeekWire
- The US smart home market has been struggling — here's how and why the market will take off - Business Insider
- Weird fridges are back - The Verge
- Microsoft shows how the Internet of Things can actually be interesting - The Verge
- Intel shows intelligent drone with “Real Sense” tech - CNET
- The Future is Smart - Report on Business Magazine / The Globe and Mail
- The Internet of Things That Talk About You Behind Your Back - Motherboard
- Welcome to the Future: Virtual Reality at CES - CNBC
- Oculus Rift price set at $599, shipping in March - Polygon
- Shubham’s new headphones - Parrot Zik 2.0
- 1Password - AgileBits / App Store / Google Play Store